I have a nice stroller, but I still generally prefer the $15 umbrella stroller for most occasions. When my daughter was born I had bought the only available one at Target one day, because I needed one and didn't have time to shop around. I've never cared for the fabric print on it, and now that my little boy is the passenger it's even worse. So finally I got around to making a new seat for it.
This took about 2 and a half hours total, even with a few interruptions from the kiddos. I just took off the old one, unstitched a few threads, traced around it and put the new one back together. I just wanted to get it done without another trip to the fabric store, so I used what I had on hand. The fabric is from IKEA (given to me by a dear friend) and is the heavy duty canvas-y type. The orange binding is all I had at home, and probably wouldn't have been my first choice if I had been at the store. I think a simple thinner black would have been better, but anything is better than my boy riding in pink strawberries.
Obviously the before photo was taken some time ago. I knew if I waited I would forget to take a before photo.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete