Wednesday, June 13, 2012

DIY Father's Day Treats

This week it was my task to come up with a Father's Day idea for some of the young women in my neighborhood. So of course I scoured the web for ideas and modified a couple of things I saw to come up with this:

And these are the templates I designed for the collar and tie and top tag. Click HERE if you'd like to download the PDF. (There are 2 style options for the necktie).

I usually just recycle my baby food jars, but this seemed like a great way to repurpose some of them, since we had a small budget. You could also use mini mason jars, but you'll want to enlarge the collar and circle tag on the top.
Here are some instructions:

Supplies:
clean, empty jar and lid (use Goo Gone to remove any sticky residue)
Reeses Pieces candy
solid white paper
solid colored cardstock
patterned scrapbooking paper
piece of thin ribbon or a strip of the patterned paper
tape or glue
craft circle punches-: 1&3/8" and 1&3/4"

Fill jar with candies. Cut out white collar piece and fold over on dotted line.
Trace necktie pattern onto patterned paper and cut it out. glue or tape it (hiding the tape) under the collar flap of the white collar paper.
Wrap collar paper around your jar and glue or tape it on the overlap.
Using the larger circle punch, punch a circle out of solid colored cardstock. Use smaller circle punch to punch out the "love you to pieces" label. Using tape or glue, attach them to the lid of the jar. Wrap the ribbon around the lid and secure it with glue or tape.

Enjoy!





Pin It

4 comments:

Lori said...

such a cute idea!

Christa @ Controlling Craziness said...

What a great idea. I'd love to share this on my blog next week. I'd link back to you of course. Thanks.

Mrs. W said...

I used this for an activity with the young girls in my neighborhood and they loved it! Such a cute idea. Thank you for the printable.

Kim Chase said...

Cute idea, I love the tie. I posted a link to it on my blog http://lifesjourneytoperfection.blogspot.com/2013/06/fabulous-find-friday-last-minute.html

Thanks!!