This recipe was recently featured on Real Simple. I made it on Saturday and ate half of it in one sitting. Of course I'm pregnant, so maybe that's not saying much. Let's be honest, even if I wasn't pregnant maybe that wouldn't be saying much. But it was good, and simple. I liked it and thought it was share-worthy. I would make it if I was having friends over for brunch. In fact, maybe I will do just that!
- 2 pears
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 400º F.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with vegetable cooking spray. Peel, core, and cut pears into eighths and arrange them in the pie plate.
- Combine 1/2 cup minus 2 tablespoons sugar, flour, eggs, whole milk, vanilla, unsalted butter, and a pinch of salt in a blender. Pulse until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour over the pears. Place in the oven and bake until springy to the touch, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Heat broiler. Sprinkle the pancake with ground cinnamon and the 2 tablespoons sugar. Broil until browned, about 1 minute. Serve warm.