Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Weekly Recipe: Avacado Tortilla Soup

This is a delicious soup recipe I got years ago from my friend Spencer.

3-4 c water
2 t chicken bullion (I use Better Than Bullion, which really is better--find it in the refrigerator section)
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 green onion stems, chopped
1/2 t ground black pepper
1-2 chicken breasts, grilled and shredded (use 2 forks to shred it)
1 ripe california avocado, chopped
3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 T cilantro, chopped
shredded cheddar cheese
tortilla chips

Boil water & bullion and reduce to simmer. Add garlic, onions, pepper. Simmer 20-30 minutes (you can chop the rest of the stuff while it's simmering). Add chicken. Serve into bowls & top with everything else, crushing the chips into the soup.

Pin It

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I use the better than Bouillon too and I love it so much more. This recipe looks amazing!!