Friday, May 6, 2011

The Rug Issue

My long-awaited bathroom rug finally arrived. Problem is, it doesn't look like this (the online photo):

It looks like this:
It doesn't even really look yellow. It just looks like a dirty rug in need of a washing. Gahh, internet ordering!
So now what? First, I have to make sure I can return it. It didn't come with clear information on that.
I'm trying to decide if I should order something like this white and yellow rug from Garnett Hill...
But will that white show so much dirt? I suppose I could just wash it weekly (it is right across from the laundry room after all), or should I go with just a solid yellow rug? Or maybe I should try a DIY rug—I've been seeing a lot of those around. I'm a little skeptical of how they turn out in real life though, so I'm not sure I dare. Have any of you tried doing a painted rug? Pin It

3 comments:

Heidi Perez said...

That is SAD! about your rug! I just ran across inmyownstyle.com and she has some dyi rugs - one fabric and one painted. But they're more like kitchen mats, I'd say - wipe clean w/ a wet towel instead of washable...

knuckstermom said...

Maybe you'd like to DIY a floor cloth?

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.